February 17-May 26, 2021 | 6:00-6:45 pm EST [register here]
Using a Project Based Learning (PBL) approach, educators will be guided through their own journey of wellness as they become familiar with strategies that they can then use with their students. This online course promises to be thought-provoking, practical, and engaging through both hands-on and remote learning activities. The course will include exploring the following components:
- Identifying educator wellness through the exploration of self.
- Investigating how the CASEL and Teaching Tolerance standards live in our daily practice.
- Recognizing how identity, race, and equity affect our collective wellbeing.
- Understanding how who we are directly affects the wellbeing of our students, creating stronger communities both within and beyond school.
- Understanding how the importance of teacher leadership and student agency has the potential to create healthy and systemic social change.
This 15-week course consists of weekly 45-minute synchronous sessions from 6:00-6:45 pm EST and 15 minutes of asynchronous work outside of class. Course questions should be directed to Linda Amici. Contact Rob Engel with registration questions.