Returning Substitute Teachers
Steps for returning subs.
- Make sure your license is valid with the Ohio Department of Education.
- FBI is updated after five (5) years of consecutive employment. (Must update BCI/FBI if not approved during the prior school year.)
- Complete annual ESC online application.
- Update payroll forms as necessary:
- Fraud Reporting System - must be signed EVERY year by all subs.
- Change in bank account - Direct Deposit Authorization (MUST be accompanied by a voided check or letter from you bank with routing and account information.)
- Change of Address - Employee Information Sheet, W4, IT4, Residential Tax Form
- Change in Tax Withholds - W4, IT4, Residential Tax Form
- Did you officially retire from a state/school retirement system since last school year? - SERS-STRS Employee Membership Form
- Name change - Employee Information Sheet along with a copy of new Social Security Card and Driver's License. Name changes will not be processed without a new SS Card.
* If you have any questions please call the ESC office at 740-653-3193.
Substitutes will be activated in Absence Management (AESOP) within 48 hours of ESC Governing Board Approval.