The Fairfield County Educational Service Center exists for the purpose of providing student centered educational leadership and supportive services to meet the individual and collective needs of the staff, students and boards of education of the eight local school districts located in Fairfield County.
Who We Are
Our core mission is to work with school leaders to ensure students in our community receive a high-quality education that will prepare them for success in life.
We provide direct services to teachers and students, including:
- Free pre-K for special needs students
- Choir, band and science fair activities
- Our new Student Success Center
- Ongoing professional development for teachers
- Occupational therapists and behavior experts
- Comprehensive professional development for teachers, principals and child care providers
We also manage and maximize resources, business functions and support services for school districts so that they can focus on their core mission – educating students. For example, Fairfield County Educational Service Center writes and manages grants, provides transportation certification, background checks and substitute teacher hiring and coordination.